This lively and even quotable guidebook will introduce you to fifty of California's iconic mammals as found in cities, in parks, in forests, on ranches, and along the coast. Full-color photographs and clear descriptions reveal animals' distinctive field marks, behavior, and habitats.
Impressively detailed, this book includes:
- 50 entries for native and introduced mammals
- 260 full-color photographs
- Practical tips for seeing mammals by day and after dark
- Fun facts and cultural references
- Resources for further reading
- Comprehensive index